Gender inclusive engineering education
- Julie Mills, Mary Ayre, and Judith Gill.
- New York : Routledge, 2010.
- Physical description
- xv, 210 p. ; 24 cm.
- Routledge research in education.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|T65 .M5833 2010||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -206) and index.
- Foreword by Emeritus Professor Robin King Acknowledgments 1. Introduction: Why We Need Gender Inclusive Engineering Education 2. Women in Engineering: The Current Position 3. Attracting Women to Enter and Succeed in Engineering Study 4. Learning, Curriculum and Gender: Theoretical Contexts 5. Design and Implementation Strategies for Gender Inclusive Engineering Curriculum 6. Gender Inclusive Engineering Courses 7. Implementing and Embedding Gender Inclusive Engineering Education 8. In Conclusion: A Look to the Future Appendix A: Accreditation Criteria and Attributes of Engineering Graduates Appendix B: Glossary of Terms Notes Bibliography Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415805889 20160604
- Publisher's Summary
- Women continue to comprise a small minority of students in engineering education and subsequent employment, despite the numerous initiatives over the past 25 years to attract and retain more women in engineering. This book demonstrates the ways in which traditional engineering education has not attracted, supported or retained female students and identifies the issues needing to be addressed in changing engineering education to become more gender inclusive. This innovative and much-needed work also addresses how faculty can incorporate inclusive curriculum within their courses and programs, and provides a range of exemplars of good practice in gender inclusive engineering education that will be immediately useful to faculty who teach engineering students.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415805889 20160604
- Publication date
- Routledge research in education
- 9780415805889 (cloth)
- 0415805880 (cloth)
- 9780203851951 (ebook)
- 0203851951 (ebook)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: