Polygon mesh processing
- Mario Botsch ... [et al.].
- Natick, Mass. : A K Peters, c2010.
- Physical description
- xi, 230 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 24 cm.
Math & Statistics Library
|QA447 .P62 2010||In transit|
- Botsch, Mario.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 203-225) and index.
- Preface Surface Representations Surface Definition and Properties Approximation Power Parametric Surface Representations Implicit Surface Representations Conversion Methods Summary and Further Reading Mesh Data Structures Face-Based Data Structures Edge-Based Data Structures Halfedge-Based Data Structure Directed-Edge Data Structure Summary and Further Reading Differential Geometry Curves Surfaces Discrete Differential Operators Summary and Further Reading Smoothing Fourier Transform and Manifold Harmonics Diffusion Flow Fairing Summary and Further Reading Parameterization General Goals Parameterization of a Triangulated Surface Barycentric Mapping Conformal Mapping Methods Based on Distortion Analysis Summary and Further Reading Remeshing Local Structure Global Structure Correspondences Voronoi Diagrams and Delaunay Triangulations Triangle-Based Remeshing Quad-dominant Remeshing Summary and Further Reading Simplification & Approximation Vertex Clustering Incremental Decimation Shape Approximation Out-of-Core Methods Summary and Further Reading Model Repair Types of Artifacts: The "Freak Show" Types of Repair Algorithms Types of Input Surface-Oriented Algorithms Volumetric Repair Algorithms Summary and Further Reading Deformation Transformation Propagation Shell-Based Deformation Multi-Scale Deformation Differential Coordinates Freeform Deformation Radial Basis Functions Limitations of Linear Methods Summary and Further Reading A. Numerics Discretizing Poisson and Laplace Equations Data Structures for Sparse Matrices Iterative Solvers Sparse Direct Cholesky Solver Non-Symmetric Indefinite Systems Comparison Bibliography Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781568814261 20160604
- Publisher's Summary
- Geometry processing, or mesh processing, is a fast-growing area of research that uses concepts from applied mathematics, computer science, and engineering to design efficient algorithms for the acquisition, reconstruction, analysis, manipulation, simulation, and transmission of complex 3D models. Applications of geometry processing algorithms already cover a wide range of areas from multimedia, entertainment, and classical computer-aided design, to biomedical computing, reverse engineering, and scientific computing. Over the last several years, triangle meshes have become increasingly popular, as irregular triangle meshes have developed into a valuable alternative to traditional spline surfaces. This book discusses the whole geometry processing pipeline based on triangle meshes. The pipeline starts with data input, for example, a model acquired by 3D scanning techniques. This data can then go through processes of error removal, mesh creation, smoothing, conversion, morphing, and more. The authors detail techniques for those processes using triangle meshes. A supplemental website contains downloads and additional information.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781568814261 20160604
- Publication date
- 9781568814261 (hardback : alk. paper)
- 1568814267 (hardback : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: