Handbook of transition metal polymerization catalysts [electronic resource]
- edited by Ray Hoff, Robert T. Mathers.
- Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley, c2010.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xxi, 575 p.) : ill.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction. About the Authors. 1 Commercially Available Metal Alkyls and Their Use in Polyolefin Catalysts ( Dennis B. Malpass ). 2 Porous Silica in Transition Metal Polymerization Catalysts ( Thomas J. Pullukat and Robert E. Patterson ). 3 Computational Modeling of Polymerization Catalysts ( Monika Srebro and Artur Michalak ). 4 Scale-Up of Catalyst Recipes to Commercial Production ( C.P. Cheng ). 5 Commercialization of Olefin Polymerization Catalysts: Model for Success ( C. E. Capshew ). 6 Supported Magnesium/Titanium-Based Ziegler Catalysts for Production of Polyethylene ( Thomas E. Nowlin, Robert I. Mink, and Yury V. Kissin ). 7 Stereospecific alpha-Olefin Polymerization with Heterogeneous Catalysts ( John Severn and Robert L. Jones, Jr. ). 8 MgCl 2 -Supported TiCl 4 Catalysts for Production of Morphology-Controlled Polyethylene ( Long Wu and Sieghard E. Wanke ). 9 Product Morphology in Olefin Polymerization with Polymer Supported Metallocene Catalysts ( Long Wu and Sieghard E. Wanke ). 10 Review of Phillips Chromium Catalyst for Ethylene Polymerization ( Max P. McDaniel ). 11 Silica-Supported Silyl Chromate-Based Ethylene Polymerization Catalysts ( Kevin Cann ). 12 Ethylene Polymerization and alpha-Olefin Oligomerization Using Catalysts Derived from Phosphoranes and Ni(II) and Ni(0) Precursors ( Scott Collins ). 13 Late Transition Metal-Catalyzed Co- and Terpolymerization of alpha-Olefins with Carbon Monoxide-Polyketones: Synthesis and Modification ( Timo M. J. Anselment, Manuela Zintl, Maria Leute, Rudiger Nowack and Bernhard Rieger ). 14 Copper Catalysts for Olefin Polymerization ( Anna Maria Raspolli Galletti ). 15 Ring-Opening Metathesis Polymerizations and Acyclic Diene Metathesis Polymerizations with Homogeneous Ruthenium and Molybdenum Catalysts and Initiators ( Robert T. Mathers ). 16 Cobalt Ziegler-Natta Catalysts for the Synthesis of Poly- cis -1,4-Butadiene ( Ray Hoff ). Appendix A Pyrophoricty of Metal Alkyls ( Dennis B. Malpass ). Appendix B Rheological Terms for Polymerization Catalyst Chemists ( Gregory W. Kamykowski ). Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470504437 20160604
- Publisher's Summary
- A definitive one-stop resource, The Handbook of Polymerization Catalysts provides an overview of the known methods for developing and applying polymerization catalysts. For each category of catalysts, detailed synthetic procedures for preparing the catalysts utilized in polymerization reactions, along with their specific applications in synthesis, are provided. The book is a an invaluable tool for practicing polymer and organic chemists, researchers and graduate students of polymer chemistry, polymer physics, organic chemistry (synthesis), plastics engineering, and materials science.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470504437 20160604
- Publication date
- Description based on print version record.
- Available in another form
- Print version: Handbook of transition metal polymerization catalysts. Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley, c2010 ( 9780470137987 ) ( 0470137983 )
- 9780470137987 (cloth)
- 0470137983 (cloth)