The history of the Five Indian nations of Canada : which are dependent on the province of New-York in America, and are the barrier between the English and French in that part of the world
- by the Honourable Cadwallader Colden, esq. ; to which are added, accounts of the several other nations of Indians in North-America, and the treaties which have been lately made with them.
- 3d ed.
- London : Printed for L. Davis , 1755.
- Physical description
- 2 v. : folded map ; 19 cm.
Also available at
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
Library has: v.1-
|TAN-0624 V.1||In-library use|
|TAN-0624 V.2||In-library use|
- Colden, Cadwallader, 1688-1776.
- v. 1. The introduction, being a short view of the form of government of the Five nations, and of their laws, customs, &c.--The history of the Five Indian nations, depending on the provinces of New-York. pt. I-II.--Papers relating to the Assembly of the province of New-York, for encouragement of the Indian trade, &c. and for prohibiting the selling of Indian goods to the French, viz. of Canada ... --
- v. 2. The treaty held with the Indians of the six nations, at Philadelphia, in July, 1742.
- v. 2. con't. The treaty held at ... Lancaster, in Pennsylvania, by the ... lieutenant-governor of the province, and the ... commissioners for the provinces of Virginia and Maryland, with the Indians of the Six nations, in June, 1744.--A treaty between ... George Clinton .. governor in chief of the province of New-York ... and the six united Indian nations, and other Indian nations depending on the province of New-York. Held at Albany in ... August and September, 1746.--A collection of charters and other publick acts, relating to the province of Pennsylvania ...
- Iroquois Indians > Early works to 1800.
- New York (State) > History > Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775.
- Pennsylvania > History > Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775.
- Publication date
- ESTC (BL), T144799.
- Sabin, 14275.
- Stanford copy 1 (RBC): Provenance: Edward Ellis (signature); Sir Henry Fitz Herbert, Bart. (armorial bookplate); Eliz Theed (signature); ms. notations.
Browse related items
Start at call number: