Managing challenging behaviors in schools : research-based strategies that work
- Kathleen Lynne Lane ... [et al.].
- New York : Guilford Press, c2011.
- Physical description
- xii, 255 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
- What works for special needs learners.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB3013 .M3255 2011||Unknown|
- Lane, Kathleen L.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 227-247) and index.
- Part I: Preventing Behavior Problems. Preventing and Managing Learning and Behavior Problems: An Overview. Classroom Management. Instructional Delivery. Low-intensity Strategies. Part II: Responding to Problem Behaviors. Behavior Contracts. Self-monitoring. Functional Assessment-based Interventions. Part III: Getting Started. Getting Started in Your Classroom.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book provides tested, easy-to-implement strategies for preventing problem behavior in the classroom and responding effectively when it does occur. Chapters describe specific steps that K-12 teachers and other school-based professionals can take to develop effective classroom rules and routines; plan suitably challenging instruction; and promote student engagement and motivation. Presenting a continuum of strategies from prevention to more intensive behavior supports, the book offers clear-cut instructions for implementing behavioral contracts, self-monitoring, and functional assessment-based interventions. Special features include more than a dozen reproducible checklists, self-assessment tools, and planning forms; the large-size format facilitates photocopying. This book will be important reading for teachers, special educators, and school psychologists working in K-12; school administrators; students training to work in school settings. It will also serve as a supplemental text in courses addressing classroom management strategies.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- What works for special-needs learners
- 9781606239513 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1606239511 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: