The Oxford companion to theatre and performance
- edited by Dennis Kennedy.
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2010.
- Physical description
- xii, 689 p. ; 25 cm.
- Kennedy, Dennis, 1940-
- Includes bibliographical references.
The Oxford Companion to Theatre and Performance is based on the celebrated Oxford Encyclopedia of Theatre and Performance, and covers styles and movements, buildings, organizations, regions and traditions; it has a particularly strong focus on biographies of actors, playwrights, directors, and designers. New entries cover the people and companies who have come into prominence since the publication of the Encyclopedia. The Companion includes all the most popular and accessible information from the Encyclopedia, concentrating primarily on the personalities involved in producing threatre, as well as overviews of the genres within which they work. It has 2,400 entries presented in a far more compact and portable format. The timeline of historical and cultural events in the world of theatre and performance has been significantly updated, along with the extensive bibliography, and an appendix of useful weblinks has been added, which is supported and accessible through a companion website. The Companion provides an informative and accessible package aimed at both the theatre-going public as at specialists and professionals in the field.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Theatre and performance
- The Oxford companion to theatre & performance
- "This Companion is a concise and updated version of The Oxford Encyclopedia of Theatre and Performance ( 2 volumes, 2003)"--Preface and principles.
- Related Work
- Oxford encyclopedia of theatre and performance.
- 9780199574193 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 0199574197 (hbk. : alk. paper)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: