Building a bridge to success : from program improvement to excellence
- Bonita Drolet and Deborah Turner.
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2010.
- Physical description
- ix, 164 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2805 .D76 2010||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 157-158) and index.
- Chapter 1 Introduction to Building the Bridge to Success Chapter 2 Shared Beliefs and Goal Setting Chapter 3 Focus on Teaching and Learning Chapter 4 Encouraging Collaboration and Decision Making Chapter 5 Strengthening Communication Chapter 6 Monitoring Success Chapter 7 Providing Support Chapter 8 Focus on Relationships Chapter 9 Change and Adaptation Chapter 10 One Principal's Defeat Chapter 11 One Principal's Bridge to Excellence Chapter 12 Epilogue.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Principals want all students to bridge the achievement gap. Sometimes they just don't know how to make it happen. This book looks at what successful principals do to close the achievement gap and move their schools from one that needs improvement to one that is succeeding for all students. With current federal legislation, a principal who does not reach the proficiency mandates on the prescribed timetable ends up with a great deal of second guessing and community outcry. How can a principal avoid that result and instead be recognized as someone who went above and beyond to be sure that all of the students crossed the gap successfully in the right place and at the right time? In this book, the authors provide principals with the "how" to exit Program Improvement, the "protocol for success" that professionals in other fields have access to on a daily basis. Principals reading this handbook will have at their fingertips detailed descriptions of the behaviors needed to build success.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781607097952 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1607097958 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781607097969 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1607097966 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781607097976 (electronic)
- 1607097974 (electronic)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: