Leading from the inside out : expanded roles for teachers in equitable schools
LB2806.45 .G78 2010
- Unknown LB2806.45 .G78 2010
- Tredway, Lynda.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 215-225) and index.
- Introduction: the personal and the institutional
- Thinking about teacher-leadership: new roles and responsibilities in collective schools
- Thinking about school resources: money and effectiveness
- Government policy and its effects on classrooms and schools
- Teacher participation in multiple forms of school reform
- Achieving social justice and equity.
- Publisher's Summary
- This book proposes that the collective responsibility of teachers as classroom and school leaders working together to solve their own problems provides the fulcrum of school change. It makes the case that teachers and school leaders do not operate in a vacuum, but rather, they work within the larger context of policy and other social influences. Grubb and Tredway provide the building blocks of history, policy, and social analysis that are necessary if teachers are to be effective in the collective school a place where adults thrive as learners and are able to co-create joyful learning experiences for children and youth. By encouraging teachers to move out of the individual classroom and to think critically and institutionally about the schools they would like to work in, about their own responsibilities for creating such schools, about the range of policies from outside the school and how they can influence those policies rather than being subjected to them this book shows that a teacher s influence is not limited to the classroom and students, but can significantly shape and inform external policies and decisions.".
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- W. Norton Grubb and Lynda Tredway.
- Teacher's toolkit series ; 4
- 9781594518362 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 159451836X (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781594518676 (set)
- 159451867X (set)
- 9781594518683 (v. 1)
- 1594518688 (v. 1)
- 9781594518300 (v. 2)
- 1594518300 (v. 2)
- 9781594518416 (v. 3)
- 1594518416 (v. 3)
- 9781594518430 (v. 5)
- 1594518432 (v. 5)
- 9781594517082 (v. 6)
- 1594517088 (v. 6)