Marton family collection of United States and international performance programs, circa 1950-2015
- Physical description
- 7.71 linear feet (12 manuscript boxes, 1 half box, 1 flat box)
Finding aidOnline Archive of California
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|M1801 BOX 1||In-library use|
|M1801 BOX 2||In-library use|
|M1801 BOX 3||In-library use|
|M1801 BOX 4||In-library use|
|M1801 BOX 5||In-library use|
|M1801 BOX 6||In-library use|
|M1801 BOX 7||In-library use|
|M1801 BOX 8||In-library use|
|M1801 BOX 9||In-library use|
|M1801 BOX 10||In-library use|
|M1801 BOX 11||In-library use|
|M1801 BOX 12||In-library use|
|M1801 FLAT BOX 14||In-library use|
|M1801 HALF BOX 13||In-library use|
- Marton family, creator.
- Finding aid
- Finding aid available online
- Box 1: Canada; New England; New York -- Box 2: California: mainly Los Angeles; some San Francisco -- Box 3: Chicago and other Midwest (Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri) -- Box 4: Japan, 1975, programs, articles by Patricia Marton on Japanese and European theater and film, clippings on Japanese theater and other arts -- Boxes 5-7: London -- Box 8: London, Norway and Sweden, 1990's -- Box 9: New York -- Box 10: Film, productions with participation by Patricia Marton, The Puppet Theater of Japan by A.C. Scott, The Magic World of Hand Puppets by Marion Fischer, The Puppetry Journal, 1961, 1973, 1974 -- Box 11 [oversize materials]: Cannes Film Festival program, 1968; Chicago, Phil Silvers in Top Banana, circa 1950-1959; Japan, notes and photographs from Akira Wakabayashi Bunraku production, 1975; London, ballet, opera, and theater programs; Central School of Speech and Drama information packet, circa 1990-1999; Broadway production programs; New York, Broadway, ice skating, and Radio City programs, circa 1960-2000. Boxes 12-14: Programs, ephemera, photographs and clippings.
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 36 hours in advance of intended use.
- Cite as
- [identification of item], Marton family collection of United States and international performance programs (M1801). Dept. of Special Collections and University Archives, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, Calif.
- While Special Collections is the owner of the physical and digital items, permission to examine collection materials is not an authorization to publish. These materials are made available for use in research, teaching, and private study. Any transmission or reproduction beyond that allowed by fair use requires permission from the owners of rights, heir(s) or assigns.
- Gift of the Marton family, Bloomington, Illinois, 2010 and 2016. Accessions 2010-197 and 2016-116.
Browse related items
Start at call number: