Nature of learning : using research to inspire practice
- edited by Hanna Dumont, David Istance and Francisco Benavides.
- Paris : Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, c2010.
- Physical description
- 338 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1065 .N28 2010||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Analysing and designing learning environments for the 21st century / Hanna Dumont and David Istance
- Historical developments in the understanding of learning / Erik de Corte
- The cognitive perspective on learning : ten cornerstone findings / Michael Schneider and Elsbeth Stern
- The crucial role of motivation and emotion in classroom learning / Monique Bockaerts
- Learning from the developmental and biological perspective / Christina Hinton and Kurt W. Fischer
- The role of formative assessment in effective learning / Dylan William
- Co-operative learning : what makes group-work work? / Robert E. Slavin
- Learning with technology / Richard E. Mayer
- Prospects and challenges for inquiry-based approaches to learning / Brigid Barron and Linda Darling-Hammond
- The community as a resource for learning : an analysis of academic service-learning in primary and secondary education / Andrew Furco
- The effects of family on children's learning and socialisation / Barbara Schneider, Venessa Keesler and Larissa Morlock
- Implementing innovation : from visionary models to everyday practice / Lauren B. Resnick, ... [et al.]
- Future directions for learning environments in the 21st century / David Istance and Hanna Dumont.
- What do we know about how people learn? How do young people's motivations and emotions influence their learning? What does research show to be the benefits of group work, formative assessments, technology applications, or project-based learning and when are they most effective? How is learning affected by family background? These are among the questions addressed for the OECD by leading researchers from North America and Europe. This book brings together the lessons of research on both the nature of learning and different educational applications, and it summarizes these as seven key concluding principles.--Publisher's description
- Publication date
- Also available online to subscribers.
- 9789264086487 (pdf)
Browse related items
Start at call number: