Radicalizing learning : adult education for a just world
- Stephen D. Brookfield, John D. Holst.
- 1st ed.
- San Francisco : Jossey-Bass, c2011.
- Physical description
- xix, 262 p. ; 24 cm.
- Jossey-Bass higher and adult education series.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC5251 .B74 2011||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 222-240) and indexes.
- Preface. About the Authors. 1 Conceptualizing Adult Learning and Education. 2 Understanding Adult Learning. 3 Understanding Adult Development. 4 Learning in the Context of Training. 5 Planning Educational Programs: Principles, Goals, and Evaluation. 6 Teaching Adults. 7 Globalization and Adult Learning. 8 Aesthetic Dimensions of Learning. 9 Researching Learning. 10 Adult Learning in a Diverse World. Epilogue. References. Name Index. Subject Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780787998257 20160604
- Publisher's Summary
- Radicalizing Learning calls for a total rethinking of what the field of adult education stands for and how adult educators should assess their effectiveness. Arguing that major changes in society are needed to create a more just world, the authors set out to show how educators can help learners envision and enact this radical transformation. Specifically, the book explores the areas of adult learning, training, teaching, facilitation, program development, and research. Each chapter provides a guide to the different paradigms and perspectives that prevail across the field of theory and practice. The authors then tie all of the themes into how adult learning for participatory democracy works in a diverse society.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780787998257 20160604
- Publication date
- The Jossey-Bass higher and adult education series
- 9780787998257 (hbk.)
- 0787998257 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: