Intelligence and learning
- Nick Lund.
- Basingstoke, Hampshire [U.K.] ; New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2010.
- Physical description
- x, 178 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Palgrave insights in psychology.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|BF431 .L774 2010||Unknown|
- Lund, Nick, 1956-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 154-171) and index.
- INTRODUCTION PART I: THEORIES OF INTELLIGENCE What is Human Intelligence? One Factor or Many? Psychometric Theories Learning Approach Intelligence and Information Processing Triarchic Theory of Intelligence Gardner's Theory of Multiple Intelligences Emotional Intelligence PART II: ANIMAL LEARNING Nature of Simple Learning Classical Conditioning Operant Conditioning Problems of Simple Learning Theories Information Processing Explanations of Learning PART III: ANIMAL INTELLIGENCE What is 'Intelligence' in Non-Human Animals? Social Learning Self-Recognition Machiavellian Intelligence Theory of Mind Language in Non-Human Animals PART IV: EVOLUTION OF HUMAN INTELLIGENCE Why are Humans Intelligent? Brain Size Ecological Demands Social Complexity PART V: INTELLIGENCE TEST PERFORMANCE Intelligence and IQ Genetic Influence on Intelligence Neurobiology and Intelligence Environmental Influences on Intelligence Environmental Enrichment Culture and Intelligence Interaction of Nature and Nurture.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780230249448 20160604
- Publisher's Summary
- As humans, we often differentiate ourselves from other animals by our intelligence and ability to learn, but are these distinctions always so simple? Covering theories of learning, influences on intelligence, animal intelligence and test performance, Lund discusses the fascinating debates that shape our understanding of this area. Whatever your level of study, this balanced introduction will allow you to look critically at the main theories and cement your understanding of intelligence and learning.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780230249448 20160604
- Publication date
- Palgrave insights in psychology
- 9780230249448 (pbk.)
- 0230249442 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: