Educational leadership preparation : innovation and interdisciplinary approaches to the Ed.D. and graduate education
- 1st ed.
- New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2010.
- Physical description
- xiii, 250 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
LB1738.5 .E385 2010
- Unknown LB1738.5 .E385 2010
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Foreword-- B.G.Barnett Introduction: A Leadership Imperative: Crossing Boundaries in Leadership Preparation Programs-- G.Jean-Marie PART I: HISTORIAL OVERVIEW, IDENTITY POLITICS OF EDUCATIONAL LEADERSHIP, AND ONLINE GRADUATE EDUCATION Historical Context of Graduate Programs in Educational Leadership-- A.H.Normore Clashing Epistemologies: Reflection on Change, Culture and the Politics of the Professoriate-- C.Boske & A.Tooms Online Graduate Programs in Educational Leadership Preparation: Pros and Cons-- J.S.Brooks PART II: INNOVATIVE AND INTERDISCIPLINARY APPROACHES TO THE ED.D. Renewing the Ed.D.: A University K-12 Partnership to Prepare School Leaders-- G.Jean-Marie, C.Adams & G.Garn Critical Friends: Supporting a Small, Private University Face the Challenges of Crafting an Innovative Scholar-practitioner Doctorate-- V.Storey & P.Hartwick An Interdisciplinary Doctoral Program in Educational Leadership (Ed.D.): Addressing the Needs of Diverse Learners in Urban Settings-- A.H.Normore & J.Slayton PART III: PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE OF RESEARCH FOR THE SCHOLAR PRACTITIONER From Curricular Alignment to the Culminating Project: The Peabody College Ed.D. Capstone-- C.Smrekar & K.McGraner An Ed.D. Program Based on Principles of How Adults Learn Best-- B.G.Sheckley, M.L.Donaldson, A.P.Mayer & R.W.Lemons Examining the Capstone Experience in a Cutting Edge Ed.D. Program-- D.D.Marsh, M.Dembo, K.S.Gallagher & K.Stowe Epilogue-- E.Rusch.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book focuses on trends and issues, challenges and possibilities that weave commonalities and differentiate structures among seven professional doctorate programs in educational leadership (Ed.D.) with a particular focus on the following topics: policies of governance, innovative pedagogy, interdisciplinary curriculum content, resolving problems of practice, creative capstone experiences, rethinking and restructuring university-district-community partnerships; navigating politics of change, process outcomes, and the role of technology literacy.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Gaetane Jean-Marie and Anthony H. Normore.
- 9780230623538 (hbk.)
- 0230623530 (hbk.)