Scientific papers; physiology, medicine, surgery, geology
- with introductions, notes and illustrations.
- New York, P. F. Collier & son [c1910]
- Physical description
- 1p. l, 440p. 1 l. front., illus., plates (part fold.) ports. 23cm.
- Harvard classics v. 38
- Paré, Ambroise, 1510?-1590.
- Harvey, William, 1578-1657.
- Jenner, Edward, 1749-1823.
- Holmes, Oliver Wendell, 1809-1894.
- Lister, Joseph, Baron, 1827-1912.
- Pasteur, Louis, 1822-1895.
- Lyell, Charles, Sir, 1797-1875.
- Paget, Stephen, 1855-1926.
- Willis, Robert, 1799-1878.
- Faulkner, Frank.
- Robb, David Constable.
- Ernst, Harold Clarence, 1856-1922.
- The oath of Hippocrates.--The law of Hippocrates.--Journeys in diverse places, by A. Paré, tr. by S. Paget.--On the motion of the heart and blood in animals, by W. Harvey, tr. by R. Willis.--The three original publications on vaccination against smallpox, by E. Jenner.--The contagiousness of puerperal fever, by O. W. Holmes.--On the antiseptic principle of the practice of surgery, by Lord Lister.--The physiological theory of fermentation, by L. Pasteur, tr. by F. Faulkner and D. C. Robb (revised)--The germ theory and its application to medicine and surgery (revised); On the extension of the germ theory to the etiology of certain common diseases (revised) by L. Pasteur, tr. by H. C. Ernst.--Prejudices which have retarded the progress of geology; Uniformity in the series of past changes in the animate and inanimate world, by Sir C. Lyell.
- Publication date
Browse related items
Start at call number: