We want Miles : Miles Davis
- [edited by Vincent Bessières ; text by Franck Bergerot ; with contributions by George Avakian ... [et al.]].
- New York : Skira Rizzoli, c2010.
- Physical description
- 223 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 29 cm.
At the library
|ML419 .D39 W413 2010||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- 1926-1948. From St. Louis to Fifty-Second Street in search of Bird
- 1948-1955. Out of the cool invention and self-loathing
- 1955-1959. Miles ahead in the studio for Columbia
- 1960-1967. Miles smiles controlled freedom
- 1968-1971. Electric Miles rock distortion
- 1971-1979. On the corner funk beat
- 1980-1991. Star people global icon.
- The archetypal jazzman, Miles Davis was considered the twentieth-century incarnation of cool, both in his attitude and in his playing. He established himself as one of the greatest innovators in jazz, a genre he never stopped confronting and departmentalizing through various aesthetic revolutions.
- Davis, Miles > Exhibitions.
- Davis, Miles > Criticism and interpretation > Exhibitions.
- Davis, Miles > Pictorial works > Exhibitions.
- Jazz musicians > United States > Biography > Exhibitions.
- Jazz musicians > United States > Pictorial works > Exhibitions.
- Jazz > History and criticism > Pictorial works.
- Jazz-rock (Music) > History and criticism > Pictorial works.
- Trumpet players > United States > Pictorial works.
- Jazz musicians > United States > Exhibitions.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- subtitle on spine: Miles Davis vs. jazz
- Musee de la Musique, Paris, Oct. 16-2009 to Jan. 17, 2010, The Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, April 30 to Aug. 29, 2010.
- Statement of responsibility from p.  of cover.
- 9780847835287 (hbk.)
- 0847835286 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: