The organic chem lab survival manual : a student's guide to techniques
- James W. Zubrick.
- 8th ed.
- Hoboken, NJ : John Wiley, c2011.
- Physical description
- xviii, 354 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Zubrick, James W.
- Chapter 1 Safety First, Last, and Always. Chapter 2 Keeping a Notebook. Chapter 3 Interpreting a Handbook. Chapter 4 Jointware. Chapter 5 Microscale Jointware. Chapter 6 Other Interesting Equipment. Chapter 7 Pipet Tips. Chapter 8 Syringes, Needles, and Septa. Chapter 9 Clean and Dry. Chapter 10 Drying Agents. Chapter 11 On Products. Chapter 12 The Melting-Point Experiment. Chapter 13 Recrystallization. Chapter 14 Recrystallization: Microscale. Chapter 15 Extraction and Washing. Chapter 16 Extraction and Washing: Microscale. Chapter 17 Sources of Heat. Chapter 18 Clamps and Clamping. Chapter 19 Distillation. Chapter 20 Microscale Distillation. Chapter 21 The Rotary Evaporator. Chapter 22 Reflux and Addition. Chapter 23 Reflux: Microscale. Chapter 24 Sublimation. Chapter 25 Microscale Boiling Point. Chapter 26 Chromatography: Some Generalities. Chapter 27 Thin-Layer Chromatography: TLC. Chapter 28 Wet-Column Chromatography. Chapter 29 Refractometry. Chapter 30 Gas Chromatography. Chapter 31 HP Liquid Chromatography. Chapter 32 Infrared Spectroscopy (And a Bit of UV-VIS, Too). Chapter 33 Nuclear Magnetic Resonance. Chapter 34 Theory of Distillation. Chapter 35 Theory of Extraction. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470494370 20160604
- Publisher's Summary
- This valuable guide takes organic chemists through the basic techniques of the organic chemistry lab such as interpretation of infrared spectroscopy. The eighth edition has been revised to include updated coverage of NMR Spectroscopy and UV spectroscopy. New questions at the end of chapters reinforce the skills and techniques learned. Emphasis is placed on green chemistry in the lab, focusing on the more environmentally friendly materials that can be used. In addition, updated discussions are included on safety, distillation, gas chromatography, and liquid chromatography. This gives organic chemists the most up-to-date information to enhance their lab skills.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470494370 20160604
- Publication date
- Includes index.
- 9780470494370 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0470494379 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: