The gentle art of making enemies
- Edited by Sheridan Ford.
- New York, F.Stokes, 1890.
- Physical description
- 3 p.l.,xi-xvii,21-256 p.,1 leaf. 18cm.
Also available at
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|ND237.W52 A3 1890AX1||In-library use|
- Publication date
- "Pirated copy of Mr. Whistler's collected writings ... Mssrs. Stokes's name has been affixed to the title-page of the pirated book without the sanction of the publishers."-Note facing the t.p. in the authorized ed., New York, John W.Covell, 1890.
- The history of Ford's attempted "piratical" edition is found in E.R. and J.Pennell's Life of Whistler, 1908, v.2, chap.34, p.100-113.
- Original gray wrappers, printed in red.
Browse related items
Start at call number: