The London mercury [electronic resource] : containing the history, politics, and literature of England, for the year ...
- London [England] : printed for J. Murray, no 32 Fleet Street, MDCCLXXXI. -
- Physical description
- v. ; 8⁰
- Eighteenth century collections online.
- Pope, Alexander, 1688-1744 > Biography > Periodicals > Early works to 1800.
- Biography > Periodicals > Early works to 1800.
- English poetry > Periodicals > Early works to 1800.
- Books > Reviews > Periodicals > Early works to 1800.
- Great Britain > Politics and government > 1760-1820 > Periodicals > Early works to 1800.
- Beginning date
- Ending date
- Vol/date range
- Ceased in 1783? Cf. NCBEL.
- Editorship sometimes attributed to Gilbert Stuart (cf. NCBEL).
- Title repeated as caption and running title.
- Note below caption title in brackets: To be continued annually.
- Pagination and signatures continuous through p. 381, when a new sequence begins.
- Printed in one column, with chapter divisions in Part I.
- Reproduction of original from Bodleian Library (Oxford).
- NCBEL, II:1314
- Crane & Kaye, 403
- English Short Title Catalog, P3051.
- Issue lacks numerical designation.
- Extent of publication not known; only copies reported are of the 1780 issue, although NCBEL reports it as continuing beyond the first year.
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. (Eighteenth century collections online). Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. s2009 miunns
- Stanford University Libraries also has the microfilm version: http://searchworks.stanford.edu/view/580114
- Related Work
- Johnson, Samuel, 1709-1784. Lives of the English poets. Selections.
- Great Britain -- England -- London.