The English review, or An Abstract of English and foreign literature [electronic resource].
- London [England] : printed for J[ohn]. Murray, no. 32. Fleet-Street, M, DCC, LXXXIII. -M, DCC, XCV. 
- Physical description
- 26 v. ; 8⁰.
- Eighteenth century collections online.
- Books > Reviews > Periodicals > Early works to 1800.
- Authors, English > Biography > Periodicals > Early works to 1800.
- Authors, European > Biography > Periodicals > Early works to 1800.
- Europe > History > 18th century > Periodicals > Early works to 1800.
- Great Britain > Politics and government > 1760-1820 > Periodicals > Early works to 1800.
- Beginning date
- Ending date
- Title Variation
- English review
- Abstract of English and foreign literature
- Vol/date range
- Vol. I. ([Jan.-June] M, DCC, LXXXIII. )-volume XXVI. ([July-Dec.] M, DCC, XCV. .
- Edited by: John Murray, with major contributors John Whitaker and Gilbert Stuart, among others (cf. DNB).
- Publisher: John Murray, later Murray and Samuel Highly (July-Dec. 1795).
- Errata at end of index in each volume.
- Review journal for: "every book and pamphlet with shall appear in England, Scotland, Ireland, and America, " with "occasional accounts" of literatures in the major western European nations: France, Italy, Germany and Spain. Also includes biographical, cultural and political essays, and a survey of contemporary London theater.
- Reproduction of original from British Library.
- DNB (1909, ed.)
- NCBEL, II:1307
- Ward, W.S. Index of serials, p.53
- English Short Title Catalog, P2292.
- Monthly issues have chronological designation only.
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. (Eighteenth century collections online). Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. s2009 miunns
- Cumulative index or finding aid
- Indexes in each volume include: index to books and pamphlets, index to national affairs.
- Related Items
- Cumulates, with added prefatory material and contents lists, the monthly issues of: The English review.
- Stanford University Libraries also has the microfilm version: http://searchworks.stanford.edu/view/580114
- Great Britain -- England -- London.
- Continued by
- English review of literature, science, discoveries, inventions