Philosophy of education in historical perspective
- Adrian M. Dupuis and Robin L. Gordon.
- 3rd ed.
- Lanham, Md. : University Press of America, c2010.
- Physical description
- 269 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LA21 .D78 2010||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Chapter 1 Preface to the Third Edition Chapter 2 Preface to the First Edition Chapter 3 Acknowledgments Chapter 4 1. Philosophy and Education Chapter 5 2. Liberalism Versus Conservatism Chapter 6 3. Classical Educational Theory Chapter 7 4. Renaissance Humanism: The Culmination of Educational Conservatism Chapter 8 5. The Beginning of Educational Liberalism Chapter 9 6. The Flowering of Liberalism Chapter 10 7. The Neo-Conservative Reaction Chapter 11 8. Educational Liberalism Redefined Chapter 12 9. A Proposed Solution Chapter 13 10. Educational Psychologies Chapter 14 11. Postmodernism Chapter 15 12. Postmodernism in the 21st Century and Educating the Millennials Chapter 16 Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780761850601 20160604
- Publisher's Summary
- Education students are continually asked to reflect upon their own philosophy of education and how it relates to their teaching practice. Philosophy of Education in Historical Perspective: Third Edition focuses on major educational philosophies that have had an impact on Western education and helps the reader to make sense of past and current trends and to place them in a historical context. This third edition is updated to correspond with the increasingly swift changes that have been taking place in education. As we move forward into the twenty-first century, it is hard to recall that only twenty years ago, computers were not part of standard classroom equipment. This widely-accessible edition will update the second with another look at postmodernism as it has continued to develop in the past fifty years.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780761850601 20160604
- Publication date
- 9780761850601 (paperback)
- 0761850600 (paperback)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: