A wake up call for schools : a new order in public education
- Patricia Anne Duncan Parrish.
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2010.
- Physical description
- xiii, 114 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
LA217.2 .P37 2010
- Unknown LA217.2 .P37 2010
- Parrish, Patricia Anne Duncan, 1942-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 107-111).
- Chapter 1 Foreword Chapter 2 The Clearing Chapter 3 The Great Divide Chapter 4 The Plan Chapter 5 The Paintbrush Chapter 6 Billy Chapter 7 Red, Yellow, Black, and White (and Brown?)! Chapter 8 The Y in the Road Chapter 9 Teddy Chapter 10 The Triad Chapter 11 A New Order.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- In the United States, 30 percent of students drop out of school prior to graduation. Unrest is evidenced as stakeholders in education wrestle concurrently with financial restraints, changing student demographics, and escalating accountability expectations for achievement. Patricia Anne Duncan Parrish's more than three decades of training and experience in schools in this nation have resulted in onsite observations, research-based premises, and quantitative recommendations for a step-by-step realignment of the focus of public education-the education of each student for contributory productivity in the international marketplace of the twenty-first century. The reader of A Wake Up Call for Schools reaps definitive strategies for prekindergarten through university level classrooms, for team building and professional development, for campus administration, for counseling and guidance, for central office administration, and for the boardroom to find the way again to a no-excuses, child-centered approach to public education.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781607097044 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1607097044 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781607097051 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1607097052 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781607097068 (electronic)
- 1607097060 (electronic)