The metaphysics of notation [videorecording]
- Mark Applebaum.
- St. Paul, MN : Innova, p2010.
- Physical description
- 1 videodisc : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Unknown MDVD 1289
- There's no sound in my head : Mark Applebaum's Metaphysics of notation / Lateral Films presents a film by Robert Arnold ; produced, directed & shot by Robert Arnold ; edited by Melanie Vi Levy, Robert Arnold (19:38)
- Metaphysics mix : one-minute excerpts from each of the 45 performances accompanied by performer photos (46:52)
- The metaphysics of notation score (scrolling) (8:00/16:00)
- The metaphysics of notation score (stills).
- "The metaphysics of notation is a hand drawn pictographic score consisting of twelve panels (totalling 70 feet in length), two hanging mobiles, and absolutely no verbal or written instruction. It was commissioned by the Cantor Arts Center Museum at Stanford University where it was shown for one year and received 45 weekly musical interpretations by distinguished performers from around the world." The video includes a documentary film on the composition, one-minute excerpts from the 45 performances and scrolling and 48 still images of the score.
- Included Work
- Applebaum, Mark. Metaphysics of notation.
- Publication date
- In film: Charlotte Applebaum, Mark Applebaum, Molly Barth, Karol Berger, Chris Chafe, Paul Dresher, Brian Ferneyhough, Joan Friedman, Jaroslaw Kapuscinski, Charles Kronengold, Brian McWhorter, Ken Ueno, Erik Ulman, Patience Young ; in Metaphysics mix: various performers, listed on container.
- DVD; NTSC, all regions; Metaphysics mix available in stereo. or 5.1-channel surround mix.
- Related Work
- There's no sound in my head.
- Metaphysics mix.
- Publisher Number
- 787 Innova