Political education : national policy comes of age
- Christopher T. Cross ; foreword by Richard Riley and Ted Sanders.
- Updated ed.
- New York : Teachers College Press, c2010.
- Physical description
- xx, 195 p.,  p. of plates : ill. ; 23 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2825 .C76 2010||Unknown|
- Cross, Christopher T.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 175-184) and index.
- Setting the stage: the early history
- The Truman and Eisenhower years: impact aid and NDEA pass: construction support and general aid fail
- The Kennedy and Johnson years: failure and, finally, success
- The Nixon, Ford, and Carter years: from trust to nailing everything down
- The Reagan years: the bully pulpit and loosening the strings
- Two Bushes and a Clinton: remarkable bipartisanship expands the federal role
- Leaving no child behind / by Paul Manna
- Lessons learned from a half-century of federal policy development
- The future federal role: observations and ideas.
- Publisher's Summary
- Political insider Christopher Cross has updated his critically acclaimed book to reflect recent education policy developments, including the impact of the Obama administration and Race to the Top and the controversy over NCLBs reauthorization. Featurin.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780807751510 20160604
- Publication date
- 9780807751510 (paper : alk. paper)
- 0807751510 (paper : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: