Memoirs of Dr. Joseph Priestley, to the year 1795 / and observations on his writings, by Thomas Cooper, President Judge of the 4th. District of Pennsylvania : and the Rev. William Christie
- written by himself ; with a continuation, to the time of his decease, by his son, Joseph Priestley :
- Northumberland [Pa.] : Printed by John Binns, 1806.
- Physical description
- 2 v. ; 23 cm.
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
Library has: v.1-
|TAN-0423 V.1||In-library use|
|TAN-0423 V.2||In-library use|
- "Catalogue of Dr. Priestley's smaller pamphlets and uncollected papers on philosophical subjects": p. 290-293; "A catalogue of books written by Doctor Priestly": p. i-x (2d group).
- Priestley, Joseph, 1733-1804.
- Chemists > England > Biography.
- Priestley, Joseph, 1733-1804 > Bibliography.
- Scientists > England > Biography.
- Theologians > England > Biography.
- United States--Pennsylvania--Northumberland--1806.
- Publication date
- Appendix 4, "Of Dr. Priestley's miscellaneous writings" contains "Fugitive pieces by Dr. Priestley", one of which, "To the Editor of the Monthly Magazine" (concerning Dr. Franklin), is signed and dated "J. Priestley. Northumberland, Nov. 10th, 1802" (p. 455), and another of which, "The paper concerning Mr. Burke ... not hitherto ... in print", is signed and dated "J. Priestley, Nothumberland, February 1, 1804" (p. 463).
- Appendix 6, "A review of Dr. Priestley's theological works ..." is signed and dated: "Caledonicus Americanus [i.e. William Christie]. Nothumberland, Pennsylvania, 1804, 10th July, 1805"--P. 824.
- "Errata in the second volume"--P. .
- Shaw & Shoemaker 11215.
- Stanford copy 1 (RBC): Provenance: Borden Institute Library (booklabel). Tipped in: port. of Joseph Priestley.
Browse related items
Start at call number: