Comprehensive membrane science and engineering [electronic resource]
- Amsterdam : Elsevier Science, 2010.
- Physical description
- 1 online resourece (4 v.) : ill.
- Publisher's Summary
- This multivolume work covers all aspects of membrane science and technology - from basic phenomena to the most advanced applications and future perspectives. Modern membrane engineering is critical to the development of process-intensification strategies and to the stimulation of industrial growth. The work presents researchers and industrial managers with an indispensable tool toward achieving these aims. It covers membrane science theory and economics, as well as applications ranging from chemical purification and natural gas enrichment to potable water. It includes contributions and case studies from internationally recognized experts and from up-and-coming researchers working in this multi-billion dollar field. It takes a unique, multidisciplinary approach that stimulates research in hybrid technologies for current (and future) life-saving applications (artificial organs, drug delivery).
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Membranes (Technology)
- Publication date
- edited by Enrico Drioli, Lidietta Giorno.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Available in another form
- Print version: Comprehensive membrane science and engineering. Amsterdam ; London : Elsevier Science, 2010. 9780444532046 0444532048 (OCoLC)502035608
- 9780444532046 (hbk.)
- 0444532048 (hbk.)