Asians in the ivory tower : dilemmas of racial inequality in American higher education
- Robert T. Teranishi ; foreword by Marcelo M. Suárez-Orozco.
- New York : Teachers College Press, c2010.
- Physical description
- xviii, 192 p. : ill., maps ; 24 cm.
- Multicultural education series (New York, N.Y.)
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC2633.6 .T47 2010||Unknown|
- Teranishi, Robert T.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 167-180) and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- Highly respected scholar Robert Teranishi draws on his vast research to present this timely and compelling examination of the experience of Asian Americans in higher education. Asians in the Ivory Tower explores why and how Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPIs) are important to our nation s higher education priorities and places the study of AAPI college participation within a broad set of conditions through which all students must navigate as they pursue higher education. Teranishi captures the intersections of individual agency, social conditions, and organizational structures as synergetic forces that result in a range of postsecondary outcomes for subpopulations within the larger body of AAPIs.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780807751305 20160604
- This timely and compelling examination of the experience of Asian Americans in higher education explores why and how Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPIs) are important to our nations higher education priorities and places the study of AAPI colle.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780807751312 20160604
- Publication date
- Multicultural education series
- 9780807751312 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 0807751316 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780807751305 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0807751308 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: