Why the principalship? : making the leap from the classroom
- Brubaker, Dale L.
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education : a division of Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, c2010.
- Physical description
- xvi, 168 p. ; 24 cm.
LB2831.92 .B8 2010
- Unknown LB2831.92 .B8 2010
- Williams, Misti.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 151-155) and index.
- Chapter 1 Preface Chapter 2 Introduction: "A Leap of Faith" Chapter 3 Now What? Leaving Teaching on a High Note: "One Foot In, One Foot Out" Chapter 4 Composing a Meaningful Personal Curriculum while Taking Educational Administration Courses Chapter 5 Negotiating a Successful Internship Chapter 6 Seeking a Position as an Assistant Principal Chapter 7 First Days on the Job as an Assistant Principal.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book provides step-by-step, concrete advice for aspiring school administrators as they strive to achieve principal certification. Each chapter's snapshots illustrate key challenges that face principal candidates. The last third of the book includes exercises that help candidates and mentors, as well as colleagues, move through the program. Written in an easy-to-read manner, the book invites continued conversation.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Dale L. Brubaker and Misti Williams.
- 9781607097716 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 1607097710 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781607097723 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1607097729 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781607097730 (ebk.)
- 1607097737 (ebk.)