Why the principalship? : making the leap from the classroom
- Dale L. Brubaker and Misti Williams.
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education : a division of Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, c2010.
- Physical description
- xvi, 168 p. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2831.92 .B8 2010||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 151-155) and index.
- Chapter 1 Preface Chapter 2 Introduction: "A Leap of Faith" Chapter 3 Now What? Leaving Teaching on a High Note: "One Foot In, One Foot Out" Chapter 4 Composing a Meaningful Personal Curriculum while Taking Educational Administration Courses Chapter 5 Negotiating a Successful Internship Chapter 6 Seeking a Position as an Assistant Principal Chapter 7 First Days on the Job as an Assistant Principal.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781607097723 20160604
- Publisher's Summary
- This book provides step-by-step, concrete advice for aspiring school administrators as they strive to achieve principal certification. Each chapter's snapshots illustrate key challenges that face principal candidates. The last third of the book includes exercises that help candidates and mentors, as well as colleagues, move through the program. Written in an easy-to-read manner, the book invites continued conversation.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781607097723 20160604
- Publication date
- 9781607097716 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 1607097710 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781607097723 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1607097729 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781607097730 (ebk.)
- 1607097737 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: