Educational genocide : a plague on our children
- Horace (Rog) Lucido.
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2010.
- Physical description
- xii, 209 p. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB3051 .L83 2010||Unknown|
- Lucido, Horace, 1945-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 197-207).
- Chapter 1 Foreword Chapter 2 Introduction Chapter 3 Are All Things Measurable? Chapter 4 Objectivity Is Subjective Chapter 5 Test Score Addiction Chapter 6 Accountability Is Corrupted Chapter 7 Education for Profit Chapter 8 Oppressing Freedom Chapter 9 Student Anguish Chapter 10 A Culture of Fear Chapter 11 Student, Teacher, and Parent Redress Chapter 12 No Excuses, Just Results Chapter 13 Forgiving Learning.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781607097181 20160604
- Publisher's Summary
- Across our country educational policies and practices are killing our students' desire to learn and teachers' passion to teach. The central theme of this book is that high-stakes testing is having a critically deleterious effect on our students. The fallout impacts parents, teachers, schools, districts and states. Horace 'Rog' Lucido uses language and supporting evidence that is clear and relatable to the reader. Rarely is the topic of teacher care and concern for students ever embedded in works on educational theory and practice, but here it is championed as the driving force for change, exposing the causes and chronicling the effects of educational malfeasance.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781607097181 20160604
- Publication date
- 9781607097174 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 1607097176 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781607097181 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1607097184 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781607097198 (ebk.)
- 1607097192 (ebk.)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: