Race and the university : a memoir
- Henderson, George, 1932-
- Norman : University of Oklahoma Press, c2010.
- Physical description
- xx, 248 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
LD4326.2 .H46 2010
- Unknown LD4326.2 .H46 2010
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 233-234) and index.
- The setting
- Lessons for rebels
- Creation of the Afro-American Student Union: Sterlin Adams remembers the beginning of the ASU
- Seeds of a rebellion
- A black declaration and a response
- Public fallout and the ASU push back: Sandra "Sandy" Rouce remembers OU
- The end of the beginning
- Too little, but not too late: Ida Elizabeth "Beth" Mack Wilson reminisces
- Adversaries, bystanders, and allies.
- Publication date
- George Henderson ; foreword by David W. Levy ; with contributions by Sterlin N. Adams, Sandra D. Rouce, and Ida Elizabeth Mack Wilson.
- 0806141298 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 9780806141299 (hardcover : alk. paper)