Finding the time for instructional leadership : management strategies for strengthening the academic program
- John C. Leonard.
- Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2010.
- Physical description
- xi, 113 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2805 .L3864 2010||Unknown|
- Leonard, John C.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 107-112).
- Chapter 1 Framing the Issue of Principal Time Chapter 2 Time Challenges Facing Twenty-First-Century School Leaders Chapter 3 Principal Time Management Chapter 4 Avoiding the Pitfalls of Micromanagement Chapter 5 Building a Value Added Unified Leadership Team Chapter 6 Facilitating Instructional Improvement Tasks Chapter 7 Motivating Instructional Improvement Chapter 8 Reflective Practice.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Finding the Time for Instructional Leadership is centered on the principalship and is designed to offer busy school leaders time management strategies for finding the time to be genuine instructional leaders. Leonard provides a set of tactics-called keys-that will guide readers' reflection on the issue of instructional management. These seven keys offer principals suggestions for overcoming the daily barrage of secondary responsibilities that redirect valuable time and energy away from academics. The keys offered are not in a prioritized must-do list, nor are they intended to be an all-or-none approach. Principals searching for time solutions are encouraged to consider each of the keys and adopt, adapt, or reject the suggestion to fit their personal leadership circumstances.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781607096146 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1607096145 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781607096153 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1607096153 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781607095934 (electronic)
- 1607095939 (electronic)
Browse related items
Start at call number: