The active classroom field book : success stories from the active classroom
- Ron Nash.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin, c2010.
- Physical description
- xv, 130 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Active classroom series
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1027.23 .N36 2010||Unknown|
- Nash, Ron, 1949-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 119-121) and index.
- Preface Acknowledgments About the Author Introduction 1. Squeeze Play 2. For Whom the (Dinner) Bell Tolls 3. Setting the Table for Success 4. First One at the Bus Stop 5. Feedback Pure and Simple 6. When Teachers Tick and Classrooms Click 7. Energize, Energize, Energize 8. Reflecting on Reflection Appendix A: Paired Verbal Fluency Appendix B: Appointment Clock References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412981323 20160604
- Publisher's Summary
- The best classrooms are dynamic environments that actively engage students in learning. In this exciting new resource, best-selling author and educational consultant Ron Nash shares the stories of practicing teachers who have successfully implemented active teaching methods in their classrooms. Expanding on the strategies in The Active Classroom, Nash uses educator stories and classroom vignettes to pinpoint how active techniques are working in schools across the country. This resource includes: - Chapters on student-to-student conversations, classroom process, student movement, feedback, and continuous improvement through reflection - Vignettes that set the stage for each chapter - Lesson plan segments and anecdotes from teachers in primary and secondary and higher education settings. Ideal as a companion to The Active Classroom or on its own, The Active Classroom Field Book is the ultimate resource to help teachers transform students into active participants in their own learning.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412981323 20160604
- Publication date
- 9781412981323 (paperback : alk. paper)
- 1412981328 (paperback : alk. paper)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: