Team players and team work [electronic resource] : new strategies for developing successful collaboration
- Parker, Glenn M., 1938-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 215-219) and index.
- Preface. The Author. 1. Team Players and Teamwork: The New Reality. It's the Twenty-First Century: Team Players and Teamwork Are Here to Stay. 2. What Makes a Team Effective or Ineffective. Teamwork: Lessons from the Past. A New Model of Team Effectiveness. The Ineffective Team. Trouble Ahead: The Warning Signs. Building Your Team. 3. Effective Team Players. The Concept of Personal Style. Team Player Styles. Contributor. Collaborator. Communicator. Challenger. Team Player Actions. 4. Ineffective Team Players. The Cost of Ineffective Team Players. The Ineffective Contributor. The Ineffective Collaborator. The Ineffective Communicator. The Ineffective Challenger. Dealing with the Ineffective Team Player When It Is You. Dealing with the Ineffective Team Player When It Is Someone Else. 5. Team Players as Team Leaders. The Contributor as Leader. The Contributor Leader: The Downside. The Collaborator as Leader. The Collaborator Leader: The Downside. The Communicator as Leader. The Communicator Leader: The Downside. The Challenger as Leader. The Challenger Leader: The Downside. Personal-Development Planning for Team Leaders. Successful Team-Building Strategies for Team Leaders. 6. Adaptive Team Players. Forming. Storming. Norming. Performing. How Team Players Adapt to Team Development. 7. Analyzing Your Team's Strengths and Weaknesses. Stages and Styles: The Right Mix at the Right Time. The Goal: Style Diversity. Style Overload. Missing Perspectives. How to Analyze Your Team. 8. Developing a Team Player Culture. Current Methods. Recommended Strategies. Rx for the Development of a Team Player Culture. 9. Challenges for Teams and Team Players. The Executive Challenge. The Management Challenge. The Human Resources Challenge. The Learning and Development Challenge. The Personal Challenge. Resources: Tools for Developing Teams and Team Players. A. Parker Team-Development Survey. B. Parker Team-Development Survey: Summary and Action Planning Guide. C. Parker Team Player Survey. D. Team Player Styles. E. Parker Team Player Survey: Normative Data Report. References. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780787998110 20160604
- Publisher's Summary
- Praise for Team Players and Teamwork "In the new edition of Team Players and Teamwork Glenn Parker updates his landmark compendium on the essential effect of cross-functional teamwork to encompass the added complexities of globalization facing team leaders and team members in the twenty-first century. Anyone participating on or managing members of a cross-functional team will benefit from reading this essential guide to successful teamwork." -Jeffrey W. Warmke, vice president, global project management and leadership, Daiichi Sankyo Pharma Development "Glenn Parker has the unique combination of sound thinking and clear writing. In his recent version of Team Players and Teamwork he succeeds in taking this combination of skills to a higher level." -Sivasilam "Thiagi" Thiagarajan, president, Workshops by Thiagi, Inc. "Glenn's book is a must-read for team leaders and team members who are looking for a comprehensive set of tools and ideas to help teams perform more effectively. Glenn offers practical wisdom-based on years of first-hand experience-that is unparalleled in the field of team dynamics." -Robert Hoffman, executive director, organization development and talent management, oncology business unit, Norvartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780787998110 20160604
- Publication date
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, Mass. : Safari Books Online, 2009. Mode of access: World Wide Web. Available to subscribing institutions. s2009 maun s