Representing African Americans in transatlantic abolitionism and blackface minstrelsy
- Robert Nowatzki.
- Baton Rouge : Louisiana State University Press, c2010.
- Physical description
- xi, 216 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Nowatzki, Robert, 1965-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 187-206) and index.
- Strange bedfellows : blackface minstrelsy and abolitionism in America
- Abolitionism, nationalism, blackface minstrelsy, and racial attitudes in Victorian Britain
- Race, abolitionism, and blackface imagery in Victorian literature
- "Our only truly national poets" : blackface minstrelsy, slave narratives, cultural nationalism, and the American Renaissance
- Blackface tropes in nineteenth-century American literature.
- Antislavery movements > United States > History > 19th century.
- Antislavery movements > Great Britain > History > 19th century.
- Minstrel shows > Social aspects > United States > History > 19th century.
- Minstrel shows > Social aspects > Great Britain > History > 19th century.
- African Americans in popular culture > United States > History > 19th century.
- African Americans in popular culture > Great Britain > History > 19th century.
- Publication date
- 9780807136409 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 0807136409 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9780807137451 (e-book)
- 0807137456 (e-book)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: