Emerging teachers and globalisation
- Gerry Czerniawski.
- New York : Routledge, 2011.
- Physical description
- xvi, 199 p. ; 24 cm.
- Routledge research in education 45.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1775 .C95 2011||Unknown|
- Czerniawski, Gerry.
- Includes bibliographical references(p. -192) and index.
- 1. Introduction 2. The Impact of Globalisation on National Educational Contexts 3. Teachers' Values 4. The Construction of Teacher Identities 5. Teachers Talking About Their Classroom Practice 6. Constructing and Deconstructing the Teacher's Role 7. The Monitoring of Teachers 8. Opportunities for Professional Development 9. The Significance of Others 10. Conclusion.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- While globalization has had tremendous influence on the world of teaching, national cultural traditions continue to influence systems of schooling, national curricula, and teachers' values and classroom practices. This book explores the effects of globalisation on teachers through an examination of the values held by beginning teachers in three distinctly different education systems. Utilizing interview data from teachers within the social democratic traditions of Norway, the 'corporatist welfare' regime seen in Germany and the more individualised, market-led approach to education adopted in England, the book highlights the extent to which teacher identity formation is impacted by national pedagogic traditions, national policy contexts and institutional settings. The study examines the convergence and divergence between the three systems and their culturally specific settings. Students and scholars in the fields of Education Studies, Teacher Education and Training, and Comparative Education will find this book a fascinating and important read.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Emerging teachers and globalization
- Routledge research in education ; 45
- 9780415873420 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 0415873428 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780203841846 (ebk.)
- 0203841840 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: