Stories of self : tracking children's identity and wellbeing through the school years
- Jo Warin.
- Stoke on Trent, UK ; Sterling, VA : Trentham Books, 2010.
- Physical description
- x, 213 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1121 .W37 2010||Unknown|
- Warin, Jo.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 195-208) and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- This fascinating longitudinal study portrays five children as they grow up from age 3 to 17. It creates a window into their internal lives and affords a detailed view of: their intrapersonal development; how they construct their personal identity as they progress through school; who they believe themselves to be; how they have changed; and, how school experiences have contributed to their narratives of self. Policy for children and young people should be rooted in their real lives. "Stories of Self" is invaluable for all who work in a professional capacity with children - including parents. It will interest academics and students concerned with the study of identity and is a valuable teaching resource for students and postgraduates in child orientated disciplines, especially education, sociology, psychology and childhood studies.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781858564418 20160604
- Publication date
- "Winner of the IPG Diversity Award 2010."
- 9781858564418 (pbk.)
- 1858564417 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: