Defusing disruptive behavior in the classroom
- Geoff Colvin ; foreword by Robert H. Horner.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin, c2010.
- Physical description
- xiii, 149 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB3013 .C558 2010||Unknown|
- Colvin, Geoffrey, 1941-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Foreword by Robert H. Horner Acknowledgments About the Author Introduction 1. Seven Key Behavioral Principles 2. Defusing Off-Task Behavior 3. Defusing Rule Infractions 4. Defusing Disrespectful Behavior 5. Defusing Agitation 6. Defusing Noncompliance and Limit Testing Closing Remarks Appendices References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412980562 20160604
- Publisher's Summary
- A teacher's initial response to the different kinds of behaviours that occur in the classroom often determines what the student or students might do next. In this sense, initial and subsequent interactions are critical moments that can change the direction of student behaviour. This book presents strategies for responding to common problem behaviours to both defuse the situation and correct the problem. Defusing Disruptive Behavior in the Classroom is primarily designed for teachers--who are on the frontline for addressing problem behaviour in schools--as well as specialists and behaviour support teams who have the responsibility of assisting teachers with managing challenging and persistent behavioural issues. School administrators who are charged with following-up directly with student office referrals and other serious behaviour issues will also find this resource invaluable. Readers will learn about seven key behaviour principles and strategies for defusing: - Off-task behaviour - Rule infractions - Disrespectful behaviour - Agitation and acting out - Noncompliance and testing the limits of authority.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412980562 20160604
- Publication date
- 9781412980562 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1412980569 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: