Ordinary gifted children : the power and promise of individual attention
- Jessica Hoffmann Davis.
- New York : Teachers College Press, c2010.
- Physical description
- ix, 194 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LD7501 .N5144 D38 2010||Unknown|
- Davis, Jessica Hoffmann, 1943-
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Publisher's Summary
- This is the remarkable story of the Hoffmann School for Individual Attention, where the principal believed in a diverse, challenging, and challenged group of students - with extraordinary results. With a definition of gifted that included all children, Ann Hoffmann embraced students that other schools had failed, and she helped them not just to learn, but to learn to love learning. Written with candor and humour by renowned arts educator (and Ann Hoffmann's daughter) Jessica Hoffmann Davis, this portrait will resonate with anyone who has known or been a champion of children. Ann Hoffmann's example will inspire and delight the reader, reminding us of what matters most in education and that if we love what we do, anything is possible.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780807750964 20160604
- Hoffmann, Ann, -1980
- Hoffmann School for Individual Attention (New York, N.Y.) > History.
- Alternative education > New York (State) > New York > History > 20th century.
- Individualized instruction > New York (State) > New York > History > 20th century.
- School principals > New York (State) > New York > Biography.
- Publication date
- 9780807750964 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0807750964 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780807750971 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 0807750972 (hardcover : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: