World language teacher education : transitions and challenges in the twenty-first century
- Charlotte, NC : Information Age Publishing, c2010.
- Physical description
- xxx, 323 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Contemporary language education (Greenwich, Conn.)
P53.85 .W67 2010
- Unknown P53.85 .W67 2010
- Davis, Jacqueline, 1956-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- When worlds collide: liberal arts and education faculty co-teaching the methods course / Manuela Wagner and Terry A. Osborn
- Language and the power of puppets / Rikki Asher
- Learning to plan for a focus on form in CBI: the role of teacher knowledge and teaching context / Martha Bigelow
- Beyond vocabulary: planning for extended language production for upper elementary school world language learners / Carol Semonsky
- Becoming designers: paradigm shifts for performance and transfer / Jennifer Eddy
- The world languages professional portfolio: a performance-based program document aligned with national standards / Rebecca K. Fox
- Creating an ePortfolio / Thomas T. Surprenant
- Foreign language education in the age of Wikipedia / Manuela Wagner and Barbara Lindsey
- Teaching heritage language speakers their own language: special challenges, special opportunities / Sandra B. Schreffler
- Legal and practical implications for teaching students with learning disabilities / Jacqueline Davis
- Implementing content-based instruction: the CoBaLTT framework and resource center / Diane J. Tedick and Laurent Cammarata
- Professional development: modeling and encouraging professional dispositions development in world language teacher candidates / Jacqueline Davis.
- Publisher's Summary
- A volume in Contemporary Language Education Series Editor: Terry A. Osborn, Fordham University The significant change in public schools over the last two decades warrants a response in how we prepare teachers. This volume is an effort to share the contributors' knowledge, experience and ideas with colleagues, particularly with novice language teacher educators. The suggestions in the chapters are primarily provided for the teaching methods course, but many can be adapted to other education courses or for professional development programs. The first section of the introduction provides a review of issues identified in teacher education including debates, accountability, and government influence over education. The second section explores teacher educators in the literature such as issues in their practice, and a focus on foreign language teacher educator practice. The third section provides a brief overview of the chapters in the book.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Jacqueline F. Davis.
- Contemporary language education series
- 9781607524649 (hbk.)
- 1607524643 (hbk.)
- 9781607524632 (pbk.)
- 1607524635 (pbk.)
- 9781607524656 (ebk.)
- 1607524651 (ebk.)