Formative assessment : making it happen in the classroom
- Margaret Heritage ; foreword by James W. Stigler.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin, c2010.
- Physical description
- xv, 143 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB3051 .H445 2010||Unknown|
- Heritage, Margaret.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 133-138) and index.
- Acknowledgments About the Author About the Contributor 1. Introduction 2. Assessment With and For Students 3. It All Depends On What the Data Tell You 4. The Drivers of Formative Assessment: Learning Goals and Success Criteria 5. Formative Feedback for Teaching 6. Formative Feedback for Learning 7. Operationalizing Formative Assessment in the Classroom: What Do Teachers Need to Know and Be Able to Do? 8. Developing and Deepening Formative Assessment Practice References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412975049 20160604
- Publisher's Summary
- Formative assessment allows teachers to identify and close gaps in student understanding and move learning forward. This research-based book helps educators develop the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully implement formative assessment in the classroom. Margaret Heritage walks readers through every step of the process and offers specific examples to illustrate the implementation of formative assessment across a range of subject areas and grade levels. This book explains how to: clearly articulate learning progressions, learning goals, and success criteria; select strategies for assessment and provide quality feedback; engage students in self-assessment and self-management; and, create a classroom environment that values feedback as part of the learning process. With guidance for school administrators who want to promote schoolwide implementation, "Formative Assessment" helps educators effectively target their teaching and improve learning for all students.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412975049 20160604
- Publication date
- 9781412975049 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1412975042 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: