Transformation of education policy
- Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire [U.K.] ; New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2010.
- Physical description
- xv, 284 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Transformations of the state.
LC71 .T73 2010
- Unknown LC71 .T73 2010
- Martens, Kerstin.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- PART I: THEORY AND METHODS Introduction - Education Policy in Transformation-- A.Nagel, K.Martens & M.Windzio Measuring Transformation of Education Policy - A Mixed-Method Approach-- A.Nagel, T.Bieber, A.P.Jakobi, P.Knodel, D.Niemann & J.Teltemann PART II: HISTORICAL SETTINGS The Educating State - Historical Developments and Current Trends-- A.Weymann PART III: COUNTRY CASE STUDIES Turn of the Tide - New Horizons in German Education Policy- Making through IO Influence-- D.Niemann Playing the Multilevel Game in Education - The PISA Study and the Bologna Process triggering Swiss Harmonization-- T.Bieber What's England got to do with it? British Underestimation of International Initiatives in Education Policy-- P.Knodel & H.Walkenhorst Education Policy in New Zealand - Successfully Navigating the International Market for Education-- M.Dobbins A Contrasting Case - the USA and its Weak Response to Internationalization Processes in Education Policy-- M.Dobbins & K.Martens PART IV: COMPARATIVE ANALYSES Comparing Education Policy Networks-- A.Nagel The Internationalization of Education Policy in a Cross-National Perspective-- A.P.Jakobi, J.Teltemann & M.Windzio Conclusion: Education Policy, Globalization and the Changing Nation State- Accelerating and Retarding Conditions-- M.Windzio, K.Martens & A.Nagel.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Education policy is in transformation. Internationalization processes in this field have triggered extensive public debates and compelled policy makers to restructure their national education systems. This book deals with the political consequences of the PISA Study for secondary education and the Bologna Process for tertiary education. Both are prominent political issues with substantial impact on the political debate all over Europe and beyond. However, scholars of political science and political sociology have been reluctant to give them sufficient attention. Transformation of Education Policy contains five in-depth country case studies on Germany, Switzerland, England, New Zealand and - as a contrasting case - the USA. These case studies are combined with comparative network analysis and quantitative analysis of the OECD world.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Kerstin Martens ... [et al.].
- Transformations of the state
- "CRC 597."
- 9780230246348 (hbk.)
- 0230246346 (hbk.)