Early childhood curriculum : planning, assessment and implementation
- Claire McLachlan, Marilyn Fleer, Susan Edwards.
- Cambridge [England] ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2010.
- Physical description
- xii, 229 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1139.4 .M45 2010||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Acknowledgements-- About the authors-- Part I: 1. Introduction-- 2. Theory, research and the early childhood curriculum-- 3. Development and learning - how views on what is development shape how learning is framed-- 4. Curriculum as a cultural broker-- 5. Interpreting early childhood curriculum-- Part II: 6. Enacted curriculum: sociocultural-historical curriculum in action-- 7. Curriculum as a conceptual tool: observation, content and programming in early childhood curriculum-- 8. Assessing children and evaluating curriculum: shifting lenses-- 9. Content knowledge and the early childhood curriculum: the sciences, maths and numeracy-- 10. Content knowledge and the early childhood curriculum: language, literacy and the information and communication technologies-- 11. Content knowledge and the early childhood curriculum: the arts and health, well being and physical activity-- 12. Conclusion.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780521759113 20160604
- Publisher's Summary
- Early Childhood Curriculum addresses current approaches to curriculum for infants, toddlers and young children, ages birth to eight. It provides a comprehensive introduction to the curriculum issues that student teachers and emerging practitioners will face and equips them with the decision-making tools that will ultimately enhance and promote young children's learning. The text proposes a cultural historical framework to explore diverse approaches to early years education, drawing on research and examples of practice across a range of international contexts. It offers a clear focus on domain areas of the curriculum - the arts, health and wellbeing, literacy and language, science and maths, and information and communication technology - so that teachers are able to gain a breadth of understanding and effectively plan, design and implement curriculum strategy.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780521759113 20160604
- Publication date
- 0521759110 (paper)
- 9780521759113 (paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: