Conflict resolution and peace education : transformations across disciplines
- edited by Candice C. Carter.
- 1st ed.
- New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2010.
- Physical description
- vi, 226 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|JZ5534 .C6625 2010||Unknown|
- Carter, Candice C., 1953-
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Introduction-- C.C.Carter Multiculturalism and Conflict Transformation: Counselor and Client Working Together-- R.Wynn, S.Wilburn & C.West-Olantunji Analytical Conflict Transformation and Teaching for Peace in Sociology-- C.Welch & E.Baker Nonprofits Advancing Public Dialogue About a 'Culture of Peace'-- J.Frank Comprehensive Law: Transformative Responses by the Legal Profession-- S.Daicoff Peace Psychology in a Poor World: Conflict Transformation in Response to Poverty-- M.T.Tuason Conflict Transformation Efforts in the Southern Philippines-- S.D.Russell & R.Ty Teacher Preparation for Peace Education-- C.C.Carter.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780230620643 20160604
- Publisher's Summary
- This book contributes to the field of peace education with examples in the disciplines of political science, communication, psychology, sociology, counseling, law and teacher training. It presents new information about peace education in higher education. Provided are concepts underlying, and examples of, conflict transformation across disciplines while it demonstrates how some of the strategies are adapted for use in professional practice. Ultimately, the book and its individual chapters support peace studies and professionals who specialize in conflict work. This text can be used in courses in any of the fields mentioned above, and in others where there is a goal of learning strategies for conflict transformation. The interdisciplinary presentation provides subject versatility while it illustrates the multiple dimensions and applications of peace education.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780230620643 20160604
- Peace education includes lessons about conflict sources, transformation and resolution. While featuring field-based examples in multiple disciplines, including political science, anthropology, communication, psychology, sociology, counseling, law and teacher training, this book presents real cases of conflict work. Explained are concepts underlying conflict transformation and strategies that have been adapted for use in professional practice. The contributors describe formal peace education with university students in different fields of study and informal learning of adults in community settings. Comprehensively, this book supports professionals who specialize in conflict work as well as instructors and learners in several disciplines which all respond to conflict.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780230620636 20160604
- Publication date
- 9780230620636 (hbk.)
- 0230620639 (hbk.)
- 0230620647 (pbk.)
- 9780230620643 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: