Medical treatise : manuscript fragment, 13th century
- Latin. In Latin.
- [Italy? : s.n., 12--?]
- Physical description
- 1 bifolium, each leaf 215 x 166 mm (175 x 130 mm)
Also available at
At the library
- Dactylic hexameter verses about pulse, with discussion or commentary in prose.
- Manuscripts, Latin (Medieval and modern) > Italy.
- Medicine > Italy > History > 13th century > Sources.
- Medicine > History > Early works to 1800.
- Science > History.
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- Layout and script: a complete bifolium, double columns of 40 lines written in a somewhat inexpert gothic script, with extensive commentary in smaller cursive gothic script, brown ink. Ruled lightly with ink.
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 24 hours in advance of intended use.
- Purchased from Bernard Quaritch, 2010. Accession 2010-171.
- From the Rosenthal collection.
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: