Medical treatise : manuscript fragment, 13th century
- Latin. In Latin.
- [Italy? : s.n., 12--?]
- Physical description
- 1 bifolium, each leaf 215 x 166 mm (175 x 130 mm)
The Manuscripts Division of the Department of Special Collections at Stanford University Library exists to arrange, describe, preserve, and make available documents of enduring historic value, both as intellectual items \n and as historical artifacts, to support the research needs of the undergraduates, graduate students, faculty and other scholars at Stanford University and beyond.
- Dactylic hexameter verses about pulse, with discussion or commentary in prose.
- Manuscripts, Latin (Medieval and modern) > Italy.
- Medicine > Italy > History > 13th century > Sources.
- Medicine > History > Early works to 1800.
- Science > History.
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- Layout and script: a complete bifolium, double columns of 40 lines written in a somewhat inexpert gothic script, with extensive commentary in smaller cursive gothic script, brown ink. Ruled lightly with ink.
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 24 hours in advance of intended use.
- Purchased from Bernard Quaritch, 2010. Accession 2010-171.
- From the Rosenthal collection.
Browse related items
Start at call number: