Missal, with neumes, with parts of the second and third masses for Christmas day : manuscript fragment, 13th century
- Latin. In Latin.
- [Austria? : s.n., 12--?]
- Physical description
- 1 leaf, 320 x 208 mm (220 x 170 mm)
The Manuscripts Division of the Department of Special Collections at Stanford University Library exists to arrange, describe, preserve, and make available documents of enduring historic value, both as intellectual items \n and as historical artifacts, to support the research needs of the undergraduates, graduate students, faculty and other scholars at Stanford University and beyond.
- Corporate Author
- Catholic Church.
- St. Gall neumes written without staves.
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- Layout and script: a complete leaf written in single columns of 21 lines; gothic script, black ink, ruled lightly with ink.
- Decoration: elaborate penwork decoration including on verso a very large initial "P" (Puer) in red penwork with some black, the decorative border extending the length of the margin; with a smaller inital "L" (Lux) on the recto in red with blue penwork; rubrics and partial lines ruled with red ink.
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 24 hours in advance of intended use.
- Purchased from Bernard Quaritch (catalog 1396, number 51), 2010. Accession 2010-168.
Browse related items
Start at call number: