Missal, with neumes, with parts of the second and third masses for Christmas day : manuscript fragment, 13th century
- Latin. In Latin.
- [Austria? : s.n., 12--?]
- Physical description
- 1 leaf, 320 x 208 mm (220 x 170 mm)
Also available at
At the library
Limited on-site access
Researchers in the Stanford community can request to view these materials in the Special Collections Reading Room. Entry to the Reading Room is by appointment only.
- Corporate Author
- Catholic Church.
- St. Gall neumes written without staves.
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- Layout and script: a complete leaf written in single columns of 21 lines; gothic script, black ink, ruled lightly with ink.
- Decoration: elaborate penwork decoration including on verso a very large initial "P" (Puer) in red penwork with some black, the decorative border extending the length of the margin; with a smaller inital "L" (Lux) on the recto in red with blue penwork; rubrics and partial lines ruled with red ink.
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 24 hours in advance of intended use.
- Purchased from Bernard Quaritch (catalog 1396, number 51), 2010. Accession 2010-168.
Browse related items
Start at call number: