The world economic outlook (WEO) database [electronic resource].
- [Washington, D.C.] : International Monetary Fund
- World economic and financial surveys.
- International Monetary Fund.
- The WEO database is created during the biannual World Economic Outlook (WEO) exercise, which begins in January and June of each year and results in the WEO publication, which is released in May and October. Selected series that are available in the publication are now available on this website at the time of the release of the WEO press version (late April and September). If necessary, these figures will be revised in order to maintain consistency with the published World Economic Outlook. The WEO exercise is coordinated by the World Economic Studies Division in the Research Department. The projections and analysis contained in the World Economic Outlook are an integral element of the IMF's ongoing surveillance of economic development and policies in its member countries and of the global economic system. The survey of prospects and policies is the product of a comprehensive interdepartmental review of world economic developments, which draws primarily on the information IMF staff gathers through its consultations with member countries. World aggregates for the following annual series are provided from 1970: Real gross domestic product (annual percent change), Gross domestic product (values at market exchange rates and purchasing power parity [PPP] exchange rates), Inflation (annual percent change), World trade volume of goods and services (annual percent change), World exports of goods and services (billions of U.S. dollars), World imports of goods and services (billions of U.S. dollars). World aggregates for the following monthly series are provided from 1991: Industrial production (percent change from a year earlier; three-month centered moving average)
- Supplemental links
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- WEO database
- World economic outlook databases
- IMF world economic outlook database list
- World economic and financial surveys
- Description based on: April 1999; title from contents listing (IMF version, viewed July 26, 2010).
- Latest issue consulted: April 2010 (July 7, 2010 update).