Calendar, from a liturgical text, the month of January: manuscript fragment
- Latin. In Latin.
- [Germany : circa 1400]
- Physical description
- 1 leaf, 237 x 169 mm (200 x 120 mm)
- Corporate Author
- Catholic Church.
- The text begins with calligraphic letters "KL", some textual additions in several different hands, as well as 19th century notes on the text in red ink. Among the feast days for January two obits have been inserted by a contemporary hand. The first states, following the obit symbol, that Nicholas the parish priest ("plebanus") left a legacy of ten solidi under a pledge/pawn. The second indicates that another Nicholas, the treasurer ("sacellarius") and his legal wife made a bequest to the parish priest under pledge/pawn. [from dealer description]
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- Layout: A complete leaf, a single column of 32 lines, text on recto and verso. Stained and creased from use in a binding.
- Script: Gothic liturgical script in dark brown and red ink.
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 24 hours in advance of intended use.
- Purchased from Bernard Quaritch (catalog 1396, number 14), 2010. Accession 2010-160.