Comprehensive natural products II [electronic resource] : chemistry and biology
- editors-in-chief, Lewis Mander, Hung-Wen Liu.
- Oxford : Elsevier Science, 2010.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (9 v.) : ill. (some col.).
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Natural products structural diversity, 1, Secondary metabolites : organization and biosynthesis / edited by Craig Townsend and Yutaka Ebizuka
- Natural products structural diversity. 2, Secondary metabolites : sources, structures and chemical biology / edited by Brad Moore and Phil Crews
- Development & modification of bioactivity / edited by Rob Verpoorte
- Chemical ecology / edited by Kenji Mori
- Amino acids, peptides and proteins / edited by John Vederas
- Carbohydrates, nucleosides & nucleic acids / edited by Chi-huey Hong and Peng George Want
- Cofactors / edited by Tadhg Begley
- Enzymes and enzyme mechanisms / edited by Chris Whitman
- Modern methods in natural products chemistry / edited by Lew Mander.
- Publisher's Summary
- This work presents a definitive interpretation of the current status of and future trends in natural products-a dynamic field at the intersection of chemistry and biology concerned with isolation, identification, structure elucidation, and chemical characteristics of naturally occurring compounds such as pheromones, carbohydrates, nucleic acids, and enzymes. With more than 1,800 color figures, Comprehensive Natural Products II features 100% new material and complements rather than replaces the original work ( 1999). * Reviews the accumulated efforts of chemical and biological research to understand living organisms and their distinctive effects on health and medicine* Stimulates new ideas among the established natural products research community-which includes chemists, biochemists, biologists, botanists, and pharmacologists* Informs and inspires students and newcomers to the field with accessible content in a range of delivery formats* Includes 100% new content, with more than 6,000 figures (1/3 of these in color) and 40,000 references to the primary literature, for a thorough examination of the field * Highlights new research and innovations concerning living organisms and their distinctive role in our understanding and improvement of human health, genomics, ecology/environment, and more * Adds to the rich body of work that is the first edition, which will be available for the first time in a convenient online format giving researchers complete access to authoritative Natural Products content.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Natural products.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Comprehensive natural products 2
- Available in another form
- Print version: Comprehensive natural products II. Oxford : Elsevier Science, 2010 9780080453811 (OCoLC)311788406