Independent reading : practical strategies for grades K-3
- Denise N. Morgan ... [et al.].
- New York, NY : Guilford Press, c2009.
- Physical description
- xi, 162 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Solving problems in the teaching of literacy.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1525 .I48 2009||Unknown|
- Morgan, Denise N.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 148-156) and index.
- Introduction: Learning to Read by Reading. Independent Reading in Schools. Managing Independent Reading Programs. Ways to Read. Creating Classroom Libraries. Independent Reading and Students with Special Issues. Assessment and Monitoring Issues in Independent Reading. Family Literacy: Reading Together at Home.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781606230268 20160604
- Publisher's Summary
- Research and practical experience prove that the more children read, the better readers they become. This indispensable book shows how to incorporate independent reading into daily literacy instruction in the primary grades. Provided are class-tested strategies for engaging students in independent reading; creating and organizing the classroom library; developing mini-lessons and different kinds of reading routines; supporting struggling readers; monitoring and assessing independent reading; and promoting reading at home. Helpful reproducibles are included. From a team of highly regarded educators, this is a wise and user-friendly resource that teachers can immediately put to use in the classroom.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781606230268 20160604
- Publication date
- Solving problems in the teaching of literacy
- 9781606230268 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 1606230263 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 9781606230251 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1606230255 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: