Evidence informed leadership in education
- Alison Taysum.
- London ; New York : Continuum, c2010.
- Physical description
- viii, 173 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2806 .T39 2010||Unknown|
- Taysum, Alison.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. Evidence-informed leadership-- why bother?-- 2. Tools to facilitate evidence informed leadership-- 3. Moving towards shared understandings in complex educational settings-- 4. Confronting the "common sense" view that constrains change-- 5. Reflecting on new ways of thinking and doing to support change-- 6. Practical cases where evidence-informed leadership worked-- 7. Ethical frameworks for developing evidence-informed leadership-- guarding against false and dangerous promises-- 8. Evidence-informed leadership takes time because it matters References-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781847065629 20160604
- Publisher's Summary
- In the past three decades politicians, journalists, researchers within the academy, and neo-liberalist critics of state schools have articulated that educational research is neither meaningful nor worthwhile. Yet empirical evidence has revealed that research plays a key role in informing decisions made by educational leaders. This book explores the tools needed to conduct ethical educational research, and the contribution postgraduate research might make to the training and development of educational leaders and their thinking and practice within educational settings. Recent debates position the production and use of ethical educational research as important for Nation States governments; Alison Taysum investigates the thinking tools required for such research and examines what good practice looks and feels like. Supported by international case studies, the study approaches and engages with the role evidence informed leadership might play in making the social justice agendas contained within the policies of a number of nations become reality.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781847065629 20160604
- Publication date
- 9781847065629 (hardcover)
- 1847065627 (hardcover)
Browse related items
Start at call number: