Back to common sense : rethinking school change
- Joe Dawidziak.
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2010.
- Physical description
- iv, 131 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2822.8 .D38 2010||Unknown|
- Dawidziak, Joe, 1972-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 129).
- Chapter 1 Introduction Chapter 2 The Trap of Success 3 It's Not Fair Chapter 4 Getting the Right Fit Chapter 5 The Train Is Leaving the Station Chapter 6 Well, Well, Well Chapter 7 Money is the Answer-To Nothing Chapter 8 Perception vs. Reality Chapter 9 What Questions Do You Have? Chapter 10 The One Hundred-Yard Rule Chapter 11 Long Division Chapter 12 Let the Problem Ripen Chapter 13 If It's Broke, Fix It with Duct Tape. If It's Not Broke, Break It, Then Fix It with Duct Tape Chapter 14 Remembering Where You Came From Chapter 15 The Final Story Chapter 16 Conclusion.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781607095606 20160604
- Publisher's Summary
- There are times in today's educational world when it seems as if common sense has lost its place as a factor in critical decision making. This book strives to provide alternative, practical, and commonsense solutions to decision making in several traditional areas of education. Intended for professional leaders in education, including administrators and teachers, the chapters are cleverly divided into stories, theory, and practice. It is a myth that experience always equates to quality and that creating successful school change can start with anyone, anywhere. Research and best practice can work hand in hand with common sense to bridge the gap between today's educational world and the days of the one-room schoolhouse. Teachers and administrators interested in commonsense practice will also be left with a reminder of why they got into the game of education in the first place and why the field cannot go forward without them.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781607095606 20160604
- Publication date
- 9781607095590 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1607095599 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781607095606 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1607095602 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781607095613 (electronic)
- 1607095610 (electronic)
Browse related items
Start at call number: